Live Webcasts From Hare Krishna Temples


A story told by the main Jagannath pujary at Raja Pura in Mayapur


A story told by the main Jagannath pujary at Raja Pura in Mayapur

Haribol prabhujis, please accept my humble obeisances and all glories to Srila Prabhupada. My name is Bhadrasena Das and I am the main pujary for Jagannath in Raja Pura, Mayapur for the last 12 years. I wanted to share with your a real story in relation with Lord Jagannath.

Since the last 12 years there was a water leak in the Deity room, it was because the domes were cracked and it let the water go through. The problem was intolerable especially during the rainy season; a lot of water used to get into the temple area and sometimes drops of water used to fall on the Deities too.  One day I prayed to Jagannath: “Please Lord, let me fix this problem, I cannot tolerate any more how your temple is in such condition. You know very well that I have no money, so how am I going to fix this problem if you do not give me money. Lord of my heart, I am not going to go outside to collect because I am your pujary, so please send someone who can give me some money and I promise You that in one month I will fix this problem”.

The very next day one man came to take darshan and I served him prasadam. After prasadam he approached me and said that he wanted to do some service for Jagannath. Please give me any service and I will do it he said.

I asked him: Are you sure you will do any service I tell you to do? And the man replayed affirmatively. I explained him the leaking problem and he immediately offered me some money to fix the problem. He gave me 45.000 rupees just like that.

 Here in this area it is difficult to get good workers, but for this work very good expert workers came. While fixing the domes, the workers discovered that it was a bigger problem than thought, so I needed more money. Somehow, devotees came forward and donated for the work and in exactly one month the work was done. This rainy season, 2008, for the first time in 12 years no water leaks could be noticed , so I feel very happy for having done some service for Jagannath. Lord Jagannath is so powerful and merciful, you can pray and He will bless you even when you are far away from Mayapur.  

No comments:

Chant Hare Krishna and Be Happy

BIG Videos